Hillary Clinton is the former First Lady of The United States of America from 1993 to 2001 and had held several other top positions in the US politics. Here are some of the basic facts about Hillary Clinton you need to know.
Full Names: Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton
Born: October 26, 1947 in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
Political party: Democrat
Spouse: Bill Clinton
Education: Wellesley College, Yale University
20 Facts About Hillary Clinton You Didn’t Know
1. She began dating Bill Clinton in 1971. They met at Yale law school where they were both studying law.
2. Hillary and her husband had their wedding in their living room on October 11, 1975.
3. She was the First Lady of Arkansas from January 1979–81 and 1983–92 that was twelve years.
4. She was among only 27 women in a class of 235 at Yale Law school.
5. Hillary and her husband Bill Clinton were the only First Couple to be fingerprinted by the FBI
6. In 1974 Hillary Clinton was viewed as someone with a bright political future. Democratic political organizer and consultant Betsey Wright had moved from Texas to Washington the previous year to help guide her career.
7. In 1988 and 1991, The National Law Journal named Hillary one of the 100 most powerful lawyers in America.
8. Hillary successfully defended a 300 lb man who obviously beat his girlfriend, and got the case thrown out on a technicality.
9. In 1977, Rodham co-founded Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families, a state-level alliance with the Children’s Defense Fund.
10. Clinton continued to practice law with the Rose Law Firm while she was First Lady of Arkansas. She earned less than the other partners, as she billed fewer hours.
11. She was the first to have an office in the West Wing of the White House in addition to the usual first lady offices in the East Wing.
12. She was sworn in as U.S. senator on January 3, 2001, making her the first (and so far only) woman to have held an elected office either while, or after, serving as first lady.
Leave a Reply