Where exactly is called Biafra? The Eastern Region, a former federal division of Nigeria with capital Enugu, became a secessionist state called Republic of Biafra after gaining independence from Nigeria in 1967. It was re-annexed in 1970 following the Nigerian-Biafran war that claimed one million lives. But the struggle seems to be far from over.
Over the past weeks, there have been protests after protests by The Indigenous People of Biafra calling for the rebirth of the Biafra State. This has triggered massive discussion on the social media with so many people state different reason for and against. Below is an interesting supposed conversation between Uche Pat Ohagi and his Yoruba friend. It makes for an interesting read, enjoy and have your say.
To my beloved brethren Biafrans. JUST READ!!!
A yoruba friend ask me: under what conditions would you support One Nigeria and let go of the Biafra struggle.
Here was my response:
1. Close down Lagos ports and Open up PH, Calabar, Onitsha and Warri.
2. Cancel all direct and major connecting flightsto Lagos and Abuja airports…only local or minimal connecting flights will be allowed. While this is being done, open up Enugu, Owerri, Asaba, Uyo and PH to international flights airports…direct and major connecting flights.
3. Ask all international and diplomatic missions to move their embassies and consulates from Lagos and Abuja to Enugu, PH and Calabar.
4. All federal governments’ agencies in Lagos and Abuja shall be relocated to Enugu, PH and Calabar. CBN, NNPC, e.t.c. shall and must relocate to PH, Calabar and Enugu.
5. All multinational companies in Lagos and Abuja, shall and must relocate their offices to PH, Calabar and Enugu.
6. If these conditions can be fulfilled and implemented, we can try one Nigeria and let’s see if you Hausas and Yorubas will like it for a month. Meaning, Yorubas and Hausas needing to get visas shall travel to PH, Calabar or Enugu to do that. Same with flying or connecting flights, same with shipping and importing their goods, etc. The Yoruba friend replied: you can’t be serious, this is wickedness. I said really? Don’t you think Biafrans have been suffering and enduring this very same wickedness for over 50 yrs? He was quiet for a few seconds and said: wow, you are right but it never occurred to me. I said, that’s the problem with One Nigeria, those who are benefiting love it and would love to maintain the status quo.
GOD BLESS BIAFRA.
All you enemies of progress will definitely regreat your wickedness when the intervention of God come’s. Biafra has come and no born of a woman will stop it.
THANK YOU GOD FOR RESCUE AND DELIVERING BIAFRA LAND.