Could’ve ended a lot worse
It turns out that barns aren’t always as fun as they look. Large-scale farms have gas tanks and flammable objects everywhere, and we’re haven’t even gone to describe the utter nastiness of knee-high barn animal poop.
While OP was visiting his grandparent’s barn, he and his family were supposed to sleep in the guest room on the second floor of the barn. However, he felt dizzy as soon as he stepped in and suggested sleeping on the couch instead. The barn exploded that night, destroying the second-floor guest room. Apparently, the kid was dizzy because of a gas leak that no one else sensed.