Tips on what to eat to prevent breast cancer according to DR Michael Greger Breast cancer doesn’t occur overnight. That lump you feel in the shower one morning may have started forming decades ago. Indeed, autopsy studies suggest that as many as 39 per cent of women in their 40s already have breast cancers growing within their bodies that may be simply too small to be detected by mammograms.
Types Of Foods You Should Eat To Prevent Breast Cancer
1. Researchers have found that women placed on a plant-based diet, along with walking every day, improved their cancer defences within just two weeks. Eat five or more servings of fruit and vegetable per day along with walking for 30 minutes.
2. Eat a lot of purple grapes preferably with seeds plain white mushrooms, strawberries and pomegranates and drink green tea. Women who ate just half a mushroom or more per day had 64 per cent lower odds of getting breast cancer compared with women who didn’t eat mushrooms at all.
3. An occasional glass of red wine can help you stay healthy and drinking of green tea according to experts.
4. Avoid cooking your beef, pork, fish or poultry at a high temperature which includes frying, grilling and roasting. Eating boiled meat, therefore, is probably the safest. This is because meat cooked above 100c produces cancer-producing substances called heterocyclic amines (HCAs).
5. An apple a day or even half an apple significantly lower risks of getting cancer.