Celine Dion will soon return to the Las Vegas stage after taking a year off to care for her manager and husband, René Angélil, but her road back has not been easy.
Dion, 46, revealed in an interview with ABC New' Deborah Roberts that Angélil, 73, has to be fed by a feeding tube because of his throat cancer.
"He can't eat so I feed him," Dion told Roberts during the interview in Las Vegas, which Angélil attended. "He's got a feeding tube. I have to feed him three times a day."
Dion and Angélil have been married since 1994, after meeting 14 years prior. They have three sons together, whom Dion has walked through their father's cancer battle.
Today, "we are taking life one day at a time," she told ABC News. "[But] we are choosing to live."
Dion took an indefinite leave from the stage last year to care for Angélil after he was diagnosed with cancer for a second time. The singer will resume her residency at Caesars Palace Las Vegas on August 27 with a new act, according to her rep.